Tuesday 5 March 2013

Photographers Research

I have researched a few photographers which I think relate to my chosen subject of 'Manicure'. I have picked 3 that I like and that really interest me and give me loads of inspiration and ideas.

My First photographer is Rankin, he does loads of different types of photography. For example he does Fashion, Beauty, Hair, Sport, Lingerie, Covers, Portraits, Dazed, Advertising etc. I chose Rankin because I really liked his style and the mood of his photographs. His work relates to my chosen theme of 'Manicure' because I want to create fashion and beauty photographs and he has given me loads of ideas and inspiration. My idea of 'Manicure' is someone being 'Perfect' or my idea of 'Perfect' and a lot of Rankin's photos are close up beauty and fashion poses.

My second photographer is Claire Harrison, she does Fashion, Beauty, Hair and commercial photography. She is quite different to Rankin because she focuses more on the make-up and designing where as Rankin likes to focus on style and composition. I really like Claire Harrison's work because all of her images are different but they all link into the same theme and idea. Her work relates to my chosen theme because she uses fashion and beauty to create her work and she makes all her models look 'Perfect'.

My third photographer is Hugh O'Malley, he is a London-Based Fashion, Beauty and Advertising Photographer. I really like his work because he does location photography as well as studio work. I want to experiment with location work and studio work to create different images to work with. I really like Hugh O'Malley's photography because it's all very thoughtful and posed, you can tell that he has thought about his images and asked his models to do specific things and not let them just do whatever they want. I also really like the composition of all of his photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment